A 1973 graduate of the University of Virginia, Billy received an MBA from Old Dominion University in 1974, obtained his real estate license in 1975, and established Chorey & Associates Realty in 1978. After starting Chorey & Associates, he became a real estate appraiser, which has given him the ability to value real estate fairly and equitably. He is able to put this expertise, along with over 35 years of experience, to work bringing buyers and sellers together. Since establishing Chorey & Associates, Billy and his company have been very successful and respected in the business community, winning the Small Business of the Year Award in 1996. Hard work, dedication, and absolute honesty are qualities that Billy instills in his professionals, and he leads them by example.
His credentials & designations include:
- Real Estate Broker Licensed in Virginia and North Carolina
- Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser (Virginia License #000653)
- Residential Accredited Real Estate Appraiser (RAA)
- Graduate, Realtors Institute (GRI)
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Veterans Administration Fee Appraiser Since 1985
Billy has been a member of the Million Dollar Sales Club each year since 1979 and a Circle of Excellence Gold Award member for the past 30 years. He received the Code of Ethics Award in 1997, the prestigious Realtor Broker of the Year Award in 2007, and a 30-year Longevity Award in 2009 from the Hampton Roads Realtor Association (HRRA). Billy has consistently been voted a winner in the “Best Real Estate Agent” category in the Virginian-Pilot’s Best-of contest for the Suffolk/Franklin/Isle of Wight area. Over the years, Billy has taught real estate and appraisal courses at local community colleges in the Suffolk area. He has also served on the HRRA Board multiple times during his career as a real estate professional.
His community & professional involvement includes:
- Director – Farmers Bank of Windsor
- Executive Committee Member – Hampton Roads Realtors Association
- Director – Better Business Bureau of Hampton Roads
- Director – ACCESS College Foundation
- Secretary/Treasurer – Birdsong Trust Fund
- Member & Past President – Suffolk Rotary Club